Why be a member of HGA?
- Hazelnut Growers Handbook USB version, the recently updated handbook, written by Lester Snare, NSW DII. The USB also contains the final report of Hazelnut Variety Evaluation for South-Eastern Australia, by Basil Baldwin; Identifying Clonal Material – Basil Baldwin, and Pest and Disease Analysis for Hazelnuts – Lester Snare. (1st joining only)
- discounted HGA annual conference attendance fees
- quarterly journals from the Australian Nut Industry Council‘s publication, “The Australian Nut Grower”
- seasonal issues of the HGA Newsletter, which contains topical articles and advice contributed by growers and experts
- access to the contributors section of the web-site of Nuts for Life. www.nutsforlife.com.au.
- access to information and resources through the HGA’s ‘member only section’ on the official Hazelnut Growers of Australia web-site and via email notification.
- free advertising in the business directory on the official Hazelnut Growers of Australia web-site.
What does supporting HGA do for you?
- apply on behalf of the industry for minor use permits for farm chemicals – herbicides and pesticides to enable them to be used on hazelnut crops
- make submissions to government and industry bodies on key policies affecting the hazelnut industry – such as biosecurity
- influence, contribute and understand Australian nut industry issues through membership of the Australian Nut Industry Council (ANIC)
- provide resources to ensure the ongoing commitment of HGA to an annual conference, farm walks and seminars
What does it cost?
* Full Member (50 or more trees) $198.00 inc GST
* Associate Member (0 to 50 trees) $143.00 inc GST
– If you have a membership with another Australian Tree Nut industry and already receive the Nutgrower, please write to the Secretary for a fee discount detailing the other membership.
– HGA welcomes organisations/individuals who wish to support the industry such as researchers, consultants, machinery companies, horticultural companies and those looking to gather information about starting a new orchard to become Associate members.
How to join?
1. Join or renew online and pay by credit card, direct debit or by sending a cheque JOIN ONLINE (preferred)
2. Download the membership application form, then E-mail the completed form to The HGA Secretary #firstname.lastname@example.org with advice of direct deposit.
3. Download and print the membership application from, then mail to the HGA Secretary with a cheque or money order.
Contact HGA Secretary by telephone 0439 895 037, email@example.com if you have any difficulties.
Please forward all mail relating to renewals to
Hazelnut Growers of Australia Inc.
The Membership Secretary
59 Marion Cl Wimbledon NSW 2795